Yet more congratulations to James Miller and the "Mayrise" crew who only just missed the top spot at the Sigma Championships in Bangor, Belfast Lough.
In an extremely competitive fleet of 19 boats, from all over the UK, the top five places in the 10 race series went to Scottish boats. Yet again the outcome was settled in the last race of the series - it doesn't come much closer than that! Mark Bradshaw from Cove SC won by two points from "Mayrise", with Alan Harper from Cove another point behind that. "Close Encounters" from RNCYC was 4th, with Allan Lennox from HSC finishing in 5th place.
HSC looks forward to welcoming back the Sigma 33 fleet for their Championship in either 2017 or 2018.
Time for a breather soon! We revert this week to club racing and sail training, with the next event being the August Regatta.
- Sundays: dinghy and cat racing when organised - see Facebook
- Mondays: Junior Sail Training
- Wednesdays: East Patch keelboat racing - pie and a pint afterwards
- Thursdays: dinghy and cat racing + Junior Race Training (resumes 25 Aug)
- 1 July: Adult Dinghy Course starts - see "Training" page for details