Argyll & Bute Council is active in promoting and encouraging sporting activities. HSC is fully engaged with their efforts to establish a Sport Hub in Helensburgh via which clubs can interact to deliver "joined up" sport for the community.
This year's A&B Sporting Awards event considered two HSC nominations - Howard Marsden in the "Service to Sport" category for his years of unstinting effort, most recently with the Challenger Group; and Calum Bell in the "Sporting Achievement of the Year" category, recognising his success in the Topper class, particularly this summer at Ballyholme and at North Berwick in the World and National Championships.
Calum Bell: THE WINNER! Hearty congratulations. And a big pat on the back to Howard, a most worthy nominee and every bit a winner as far as we are concerned!
You can link here to the video of the Awards Ceremony.
- Sundays: dinghy/cat racing - Autumn Series started 25th Sept. First start 12.45. Entry Form Sailing Instructions
- Mondays and Thursdays: Sail Training now finished for this season. Too dark!
- Friday 7th October: New Members Welcome Evening - from 19.00, drinks and nibbles, "old members" welcome after 20.00!
- Saturday 8th Oct - RS200 Sprint Regatta (see "Open Events" page) plus Scottish Student Sailing event (Sat/Sun).
- Friday 14th October - "Fish and Chip Supper" (19.00 - bring your own) and Quiz Night (20.00) with Bar available. RNLI fundraiser.
- Tuesday 25th October: HSC AGM, Clubhouse, 19.30 for 20.00. Paperwork shortly.
- RYA Scotland Academies: 420, Topper and Laser Academies at HSC this winter - see "Club Calendar" for dates.