Adam K Bergius, DSC
We are saddened to have to report the death of Adam Bergius, our first Commodore (1951-1953) just a few weeks before his 92nd birthday. Whilst in later life forging his career in the whisky trade, Adam's war was far from ordinary. His exploits in the mini-submarine XE-4 culminated in the severing of critical underwater communications cables in the Mekong River in Vietnam. These connected the SE Asian Japanese command centres and this forced them to switch to radio communications which could be intercepted. His service to HSC in its formative years is noted and treasured.
- The Clubhouse remains in "winter" opening hours mode until 1 April, so weekends and Wednesday evenings.
- The PIN code for clubhouse access will change on 1 April. New code with 2017-18 Membership Cards.
- Dinghy and Car Parks: 40 tons of aggregate now spread. PLEASE drive carefully.
- Subscription Requests were posted on 20 February. If yours hasn't arrived please contact us we will resend by post or by email.
- DP spaces for 2017 on subscription payment. Be prepared to move your dinghy from any temporary space used during the early part of the Winter Series.
- Winter Series on Sundays - dinghies/cats - 3 races/day if poss. Series DEFINITELY ends 26 Mar. NOR Entry Form SIs Results
- 1-2 Apr: RYAS Topper Academy - (book via RYAS website)
- 13 Apr: Dinghy/Cat season proper starts (Thursdays)
- 19 Apr: Keelboat season starts on East Patch (Wednesdays)
- 25 Apr: RNLI Fashion Show in HSC - tickets via RNLI Helensburgh
- 29 Apr: "LAMBING LIVE" at Shantron Farm - from 14.00. Fun for all. Details soon.
- 1 May: Sail Training registration night - see "Training". (Note that classes are filling up fast, so don't risk just turning up!)
- 19-20 May: Real Ale and Gin Festival (see Round Table website)
- 9-11 Jun: Sigma Class Championship - see "Open Events"
- 17-18 Jun: Mudhook Regatta - see "Open Events"
- 12-18 Aug: 420 Nationals - see "Open Events"